The Global Healthcare Accreditation (GHA) Program invites you to join us at next month’s World Medical Tourism Congress in Abu Dhabi, scheduled October 15th-17th. We are proud to be hosting two sessions and a workshop with representatives from several of our accredited organizations as well as other distinguished speakers. WMTC Abu Dhabi offers cutting-edge educational sessions and a unique opportunity for healthcare providers to network with close to 200 buyers from around the globe including the GCC, China, Russia and the CIS, among other countries and regions. More information about the sessions we are hosting is included below. For the complete agenda, please go to WMTC Abu Dhabi.
Is Your Medical Travel Program Built on a Strong Foundation?
- Karen Timmons, Chief Executive Officer, Global Healthcare Accreditation
- Bill Cook, Director of Business Development & Marketing, Global Healthcare Accreditation (GHA) Program
Successful medical travel programs understand the unique needs and expectations of their traveling patient populations and implement standardized processes and procedures at every touch point (pre, during and post care) to optimize the patient experience. In this session you will learn about the GHA program and best practices you need to focus on to ensure your medical travel program is on a straight path towards sustainability and success.
The Power to Transform Medical Travel Trends
- Laurent Pochat-Cottilloux, Global Head of Health Reinsurance Partnerships, AXA
- Andrea Maggioni MD, Director of Global Health, Nicklaus Children’s Hospital
- Moderator: Karen Timmons, Chief Executive Officer, Global Healthcare Accreditation
The medical travel industry continues to evolve as discerning patients and buyers demand a better patient experience as well as high-quality healthcare outcomes. Innovation and a willingness to think “outside the box” are prerequisites to succeed in a healthcare landscape increasingly being defined by new consumer expectations for healthcare access and engagement. Learn from the experts about the unique technologies, products and services transforming medical travel and what you need to not only stay relevant, but to excel in this competitive market.
Optimize Medical Travel Excellence Through Accreditation
- Joong Haeng Choh MD, Head of International Patient Services, Seoul National University Bundang Hospital
- Khalid ALKHAMEES MD, Chief Executive Officer, Prince Sultan Cardiac Center-Al Hassa
- Moderator: Bill Cook, Director of Business Development & Marketing, Global Healthcare Accreditation (GHA) Program
Medical travel is growing, despite little universal data regarding healthcare outcomes and patient experience, and oftentimes a lack of understanding by healthcare providers about the unique needs and expectations of medical travelers. This session will bring together top hospitals in medical travel to discuss how accreditation can enhance patient experience, mitigate risk and improve an organization’s operational performance – and the bottom line!
*Medical travel is also commonly known as medical tourism or health tourism.