On Monday, October 2nd, GHA held its inaugural advisory board meeting in Los Angeles. The board meeting provided a platform for GHA leadership and board members to express their unique perspectives on the current trends, challenges, and opportunities in the medical travel industry and to discuss GHA strategic initiatives for the coming year. The advisory board members who attended were:
• Noam Baruch, Head of Passport to Healthcare, AETNA International
• Larry Boress, President & CEO of Midwest Business Group
• Chip Burgett, Managing Director of Quandary Healthcare Solutions
• Dr. Erik Fleischman, International Medical Director, Bumrungrad International Hospital
• Aileen R. Killen, Global Head of Healthcare Risk Consulting, AIG
• Laurent Pochat-Cottilloux, Global Head of Health Reinsurance Partnerships, AXA
• Dr. Omar Shalabi, Division Head for the Central & Western Regions, Management Population Health Division, Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare (JHAH)
• Dr. Nizar Zein, Chairman, Global Patient Services, Cleveland Clinic
• Joseph Zhao, Deputy General Manager, Beijing Saint Lucia Consulting Pty Ltd
Also present were GHA regional representatives Abdallah Hindawi, Global Healthcare Travel, Jordan and Somporn Kumphong, HealthCare Expert Group, Thailand as well as members of the GHA leadership team: Karen Timmons, CEO, Mary Miller Sallah, Chief Quality Officer and Bill Cook, Director of Business Development.
GHA leadership thanks our advisory board members for their participation and enthusiastic support in this year’s meeting and we look forward to benefiting from your insight and expertise in the months and years to come.