Ann Jacobson brings demonstrated expertise in executive leadership in international accreditation/certification programs and nursing administration, as well as a specialist in accreditation, health care quality and performance improvement. She has consulted for US hospitals as well as hospitals in Europe, Middle East, the Americas and Asia that are preparing for accreditation. Ms. Jacobson served as Nurse Surveyor/Team Leader for international accreditation surveys conducted in hospitals, ambulatory care and long term care settings.
Previously, Ms. Jacobson served as Executive Director, Joint Commission International (JCI) Accreditation Program. At JCI, she was administrator for the accreditation program, corporate operations and staff, including a core team of 100 healthcare professionals, including physicians, nurses, healthcare administrators, from around the world who served as surveyors to evaluate organizations’ compliance with the JCI healthcare organizations’ quality and safety standards.
Previously she served as Chief Nursing Officer for Mercy Health System, Western Ohio; and was responsible for nursing services, emergency and outpatient departments, School of Nursing and JCAHO.
Ms. Jacobson’s experience in numerous healthcare settings including both domestic and international locations as an administrator, clinician, consultant and educator has given her a broad understanding of the healthcare field. In her extensive national consulting experience, Ms. Jacobson has implemented innovative approaches to patient care operations, process improvement and team development. She has given numerous professional presentations and/or conducted workshops in topics ranging from quality improvement, standards compliance, patient safety, sentinel events and root cause analyses (RCA), resource utilization, staffing, professional practice to behavioral health services redesign.
Experience as a Healthcare Executive
• Assistant Vice President, Patient Care Services, St. Luke Hospitals, Florence Kentucky
• President, Jacobson Consulting Inc., Chicago, Illinois
• Assistant Professor, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee College of Nursing
• Vice President Client Services, Eric Canter Associates, Cincinnati, Ohio
• Nursing, Madison General Hospital School of Nursing
• BSN, University of Wisconsin-Madison
• MSN University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
• American College of Healthcare Executives
• American Organization of Nurse Executives
• Sigma Theta Tau, Honor Society Nursing
• American Nurses Credentialing Center Certification (Nurse Executive-Advanced)